GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The revenue team is looking for an Inside Account Manager to develop, manage and grow relationships with GitHub’s existing customer base of businesses. The Account Management team plays a pivotal role in the retention and overall satisfaction and trust of our customers, as well as expand our product footprint with these customers. The ideal candidate will have sales and relationship management experience combined with a passion for learning about the GitHub platform and our competitive advantages and building strong connections with our customers.
- Actively work to maintain strong relationships with GitHub’s existing customer base while identifying opportunity for growing adoption
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal teams (sales, customer success, deal-desk, ops) to ensure timely renewals
- Innovate and iterate on the contract renewal process to retain and grow customers while mitigating churn
- Work with GitHub tools and technology to keep accurate customer and forecast information
- Partner with the Solutions Engineering team to ensure technical accuracy and delivery to customers
- Understand how customers are using GitHub and collaborate with them to ensure they get the most out of the GitHub platform • Learn about customer’s successes and challenges, share customer feedback with GitHub, and advocate for customer interests
- 3+ years of proven sales, account management, renewals experience, and/or consulting experience managing SAAS accounts
- 1+ year of closing experience with a strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- SalesForce experience
- Ability to come into the San Francisco, CA office twice a week (Wednesday & Thursdays)
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows, understanding of Application Security and CI/CD
- Curiosity and drive to understand customer business goals, anticipate future needs, and identify solutions
- Ability to assess and understand customer needs
- Problem solving around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Strong and technical aptitude and ability to become deeply fluent in GitHub’s technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and build customer trust with empathy
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Minimum salary of $69,960 to maximum $77,400. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
These pay ranges are intended to cover roles based across the United States. An individual's base pay depends on various factors including geographical location and review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for benefits and additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role.
Location: In this role, you will be working onsite in GitHub’s San Francisco, California Office.
Who We Are:
As the global home for all developers, GitHub is the complete AI-powered developer platform to build, scale, and deliver secure software. Over 100 million people, including developers from 90 of the Fortune 100 companies, use GitHub to build amazing things together across 330+ million repositories. With all the collaborative features of GitHub, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.