We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
- Manage the day-to-day quote and pricing approvals process, driving compliance with approval matrices
- Review incoming pricing requests and provide guidelines to maximize profitability
- Effectively resolve and champion conflicts arising between customer needs and internal operational processes.
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales and accelerate deal closure through the development of in-depth knowledge of GitHub’s licensing model, deal structures and pricing to support to our worldwide sales teams.
- Represent sales operations, accounting, finance and legal interests in the structuring of non-standard deals. Drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales operations, sales, finance and legal to recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field.
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the deal operations process, including mastery of GitHub and Salesforce.com tools
- 5+ years of experience in deal desk, deal structuring or sales operations roles
- Strong business acumen, prior sales experience and or pricing experience a plus
- Experience with working with Looker or other business analytics tools a plus
- Understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization skills
- Detail oriented team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Colorado Only - Minimum salary of $58,800 to maximum $124,800. At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the following States: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, or onsite at one of GitHub’s West Coast Offices (San Francisco, CA & Bellevue, WA).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.