GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're seeking a Senior Manager of Service Delivery to lead a busy and growing team of Professional Services engineers. The ideal candidate will have both the technical aptitude and passion to manage, mentor and grow a team of expert services engineers to assist customers looking to roll out GitHub throughout their enterprise - you’ll work with our team of engineers to deliver solutions that create rich and compelling experiences for our customers and millions of developers across the world.
This role reports to the Regional Director of Professional Services, and will support the Regional Director and the Regional Engagement Manager in the smooth and efficient running of the department.
- Technical Delivery
- Guide, validate and advise delivery teams and cross-functional teams on the feasibility of technical solutions.
- Partner closely with the regional Sales, Support, and Customer Success teams to service their business in-market.
- Spend time in the field directly working with customers delivering technical guidance and innovative custom solutions to customers.
- Scope/plan strategic technical services engagements during the pre-sales motion.
- Recommend necessary revisions and additions to existing service delivery offerings and possible functional areas requiring training.
- Demonstrate leadership in helping customers define their success criteria for their improvement initiatives involving GitHub.
- Be an expert in GitHub’s product value and differentiators, using their technical knowledge and customer facing skills to be a trusted advisor to Github’s customers.
- Seek and act upon feedbacks from customers
- Handle escalations, investigate and eliminate root causes.
- Be an advocate for escalations to internal stakeholders such as in engineering.
- Involved in the resolution of high level customer challenges, as the first point of escalation.
- Plan/Implement technical solutions as needed with the objective of increasing customer satisfaction.
- Designs, implements, and refines technical services delivery solutions
- Demonstrate technical leadership in helping customers define their success criteria for their improvement initiatives involving GitHub.
- Advocates on behalf of team members by securing adequate resources for success.
- Communicates technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including potential customers.
- Team Management
- Provide technical mentorship of delivery engineers on customers' DevOps architecture solutions.
- Mentor, pair and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of your team
- Lead in the development of new technical services products, solutions, and processes.
- Effectively develop and mentor team members to build broad and deep bench strength in the skills needed to manage and scale delivery needs.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators for direct reports.
- Ensure all individual members of the team are meeting both internal and external SLAs for quality, accuracy, productivity and revenue (Billable Utilization) by providing clear and measurable objectives for the team and the individuals.
- Collaborate with Regional Director, Engagement Manager, Project Managers and Technical Team Leads on scheduling resources to promote career development, meet utilization goals, fill resourcing needs and ensure balance of assignments across teams.
- Assist in recruitment, management and onboarding of new team members.
- Ensure team members are properly trained and cross-trained to allow optimum work allocation and leveling of workload.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to provide real-time feedback on performance to direct reports.
- Participate in a wide variety of initiatives mentoring and coaching team members both technically and on the Service Delivery Methodology.
- Help manage the operation of the Service Delivery team, undertaking planning, organizing and delegating work, monitoring progress and intervening as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of deliveries (customer satisfaction, customer and engineers feedback)
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development or DevOps
- 3 - 7+ years in customer facing roles
- Experience working on a variety of projects as Senior Team Leader/Engineering Manager
- Experience in strategic planning and roadmap development
- Great problem solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent technical and communication skills along with experience of undertaking a range of projects involving SaaS implementation in the DevOps space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to coordinate with teams across locations and time zones
- Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in the DevOps space
- In-depth knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with the GitHub platform and associated workflows
- Knowledge on relevant industry standards and guidance
- Knowledge and hands-on working experience on Salesforce and FinancialForce for Professional Services operations
- Proven track record of managing teams under high pressure
- Strong business development and team leadership experience
- Ability in dealing directly with customers and customer relationship management, ability to engage and influence at a senior level within customer organizations
- Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed
- Track record of success in managing large customer relationships and leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to contribute to revenue generation
- Familiarity with legacy version control systems, such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase, AccuRev, etc
Location: In this role, you can also work remotely from anywhere in the following States: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or onsite at GitHub’s Raleigh office.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.