From open source to DevOps, organizations are looking for new ways to speed up software delivery—but still rely on traditional security tools. GitHub Advanced Security helps teams build safer code faster with the world’s most advanced semantic code analysis engine.
We're looking for an Enterprise Software Security Specialist to work with the GitHub and Microsoft sales organization to drive the go-to-market strategy for GitHub Advanced Security with our sales team and joint deal cycles targeting strategic customers. The ideal candidate will have both the aptitude and passion to become masterful in GitHub Advanced Security's product capabilities, underlying technology, and benefits in addition to being a proven enterprise sales expert that exceeds revenue goals.
We are looking for Enterprise Software Security Specialists for South EMEA . This role is a quota-carrying sales position that will report to the Director of Advanced Security.
- Business Development: Be part of a team that is aligned to exceed sales targets that are optimised for rapid market growth. Develop go to market plans to address the market opportunity for the GitHub Advanced Security product and services. Align resources to meet business goals and be a thought leader for GitHub, its alliance partners, Microsoft to support customer goals.
- Network building: Identify the right external stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success. Build a solid network of GitHub, Microsoft and alliance partner account and regional selling teams to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub Advanced Security and, in turn, help close business and ensure customer success.
- Risk Management: Identify account, territory and program risk and ensure any risk is mitigated. Effective communicator and presenter. Present strategic ideas to customers. Have the ability to work off-script and answer questions and contests in live settings. Evangelize the GitHub Advanced Security solution and program both to internal and external audiences.
- Problem Solver: Solve problems and hypothesize possible selling pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorm with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal scenarios.
Understand GitHub products and solutions: Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub.
- Experience selling DevSecOps or Application Security (e.g. SCA, SAST, DAST, IAST or RASP) products into the enterprise market segment
- Proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets, preferably at a security solution vendor
- Strong relationship building and deal structuring skills at Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Executive-level (CXO) communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%, when it is safe and appropriate to travel
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in French language.
Location: In this role, you will be working onsite in GitHub’s Amsterdam office.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.