GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The revenue team is looking for a Corporate Sales Representative to qualify, hunt, and close new customers for GitHub Enterprise and GitHub Advanced Security. The Corporate Sales team plays a pivotal role in the acquisition of new customers across the entire GitHub stack. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. Most importantly, the candidate will help our customers achieve their strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute a territory plan
- Prospect, build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Primary interface to prospects and customers; drive buying process including answering questions and providing information
- Working with customers to communicate how GitHub Enterprise and GitHub Advanced Security can fit with their business needs
- Partner with the Solutions Engineering team to ensure technical accuracy and delivery to customers
- Assist with demos and trials
- Providing quotes and negotiating close
- Work with GitHub tools and technology to keep accurate prospect and customer information and forecast information
- 2+ years of proven hunting and closing sales experience (SaaS/cloud B2B preferred)
- Top performing SaaS Account Executive with a track record of exceeding quota and ranked at the top of your team
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- Curiosity and drive to understand customer business goals, anticipate future needs, and identify solutions
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess and understand customer needs
- Problem solving around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interested in Git and GitHub
- SalesForce experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Local to San Francisco, CA preferred - remote by exception
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Experience selling a technical product to Engineering, IT, and Security teams
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Location: In this role, you will be working onsite in GitHub’s San Francisco, California office.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.