GitHub is on a mission to help developers & organizations increase their value delivery velocity. We’re building GitHub Actions to enable the automation of any software workflow to build, test, and deploy code right from GitHub. More customers are moving their workflows to Actions and we’re looking for the very first Actions Sales Executive for the Enterprise Sales Organization, to help build and deliver the go-to-market strategy and sales motion to drive GitHub Actions adoption aligned to revenue goals. The ideal candidate will step in at the ground floor to help product sales for our growing consumption business in the Public Sector.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partnering cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Professional Services and Support to develop and deliver the GitHub Actions go-to-market strategy and sales motion.
- Working with the Enterprise sales team, Go-to-market and Services teams to uncover opportunities, drive adoption and hit revenue goals across a large, diverse set of customers.
- Teaching customers about their industry best practices and offering unique insights encouraging customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub, and more specifically GitHub Actions.
- Coaching the sales teams on market trends, product updates, competitive analysis and customer stories.
- Reporting directly into the Director, US State and Local Government.
Ideal Qualifications/Required Qualifications:
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of sales or account management experience in a consumption business model
- Proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets
- Experience selling to the Public Sector and/or Government Systems Integrators
- Build, coordinate and forecast your pipeline using platforms including PowerBI, Salesforce and Aviso.
- Domain expertise in DevOps, CI/CD or adjacent tools in the modern software development ecosystem and understand the needs of individual developers, as well as large teams of developers.
- Strong relationship building and deal structuring skills
- Executive-level (CxO) communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills in large group format
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
Bonus Points/Preferred Qualifications:
- Direct experience in an overlay sales role in a one to many support model
- Experience selling Cloud products (i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP) and/or CI/CD tooling (i.e. CircleCI, Pipelines, Travis CI, Octopus Deploy)
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Program Management experience directly or indirectly with the ability to demonstrate when you’ve helped design, develop and implement a new strategy or sales motion
- Experience in Force Management training specifically Command of the Message
- High energy and positive attitude
- Flexible with the ability to work across different time zones
- Ability to take initiative and build customer trust with empathy
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Minimum salary of $93,000 to maximum $208,758.
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.