GitHub is searching for a Demand Generation Manager who wants to make a significant impact for themselves, the GitHub Revenue team, and most importantly, our customers. You’ll be part of the Global Demand Generation team and an essential contributor to our digital-first transformation. This role is a vital connection between our partners in Corporate Sales, Sales Operation, and Marketing Operations to optimize our demand funnel and convert leads.
The ideal candidate understands segmentation, personas mapping, first-hand experience marketing enterprise software, and working closely with sales teams. You will optimize our peer review strategy, high-intent surfaces, campaign landing pages, and work closely with SDR teams for program follow up. This role will create sales follow-up practice, and build strong interlock between marketing campaigns and sales teams.
You will track and report program pipeline and performance results tied to half-year and annual targets. Maximize pipeline by monitoring and forecasting pipeline and analyzing data to optimize lead processing. Optimizations, and corrective measures with sales promptly when necessary. Measure your results against benchmarks and share lessons learned with the marketing organization.
- Executes high-impact programs that optimize marketing campaigns; ensures overall goals in the number of new inquiries, marketing qualified leads (MQLs), sales qualified leads (SQLs), conversion rates, and pipeline.
- Work closely with the SDR team, Sales Ops, and Marketing Ops to help convert marketing qualified leads to opportunities and pipeline targets.
- Work with cross-functional team members including corporate sales, conversion rate optimization, marketing campaigns, product marketing, growth, and content marketing, to build initiatives, plans, and experiments.
- Marketing programs include segmentation of targets, landing pages, briefs, scripts, nurtures, emails, sales enablement, and outreach sequences.
- Grow peer-to-peer website strategy for non-linear customer journeys.
- Develop a deep understanding of GitHub Enterprise for audience segmentation strategies and buyer’s journey mapping.
- Present plans to stakeholders and document work for visibility across organizations.
- Gather the necessary teams together and lead integrated campaign programs through kickoffs to post-mortem meetings.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to stakeholders and work together to optimize the performance of lead capture surfaces.
- Build and launch creative outbound marketing campaigns to engage and convert leads.
- Experience and proven track record in developing multi-channel marketing campaigns; 3-4 years preferred.
- Proactive self-starter, who takes initiative and builds best practices.
- Background in driving targeted acquisition and conversion marketing programs.
- Experience working within demand generation, marketing campaigns, inbound marketing, or marketing operations.
- Successful track record of partnering with sales teams.
- Knowledgeable or ready to learn about GitHub Enterprise and software development industry.
- Excellence in project management, organization, documentation, and communication.
- CRM, marketing automation strategy, and marketing analysis experience
- Data and results-driven mindset with the ability to understand and measure business impact while driving multiple projects concurrently.
- Very data-driven, intellectually curious and numerically inclined.
- Able or willing to learn how to use GitHub.
Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $165,000.
At GitHub certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These rewards are allocated based on individual impact in role. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.