GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on GitHub.com — you’ll work with our team of engineers to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for millions of developers across the world.
As a team, we are building the future of code automation enabling our customers to innovate and collaborate on their continuous integration, deployment and distribution scenarios which includes much of their software development workflows. We are not only committed to delivering the best experience possible but are committed to doing that at a high availability & scale. Check out these links to learn more about our products:
- GitHub Actions: https://github.com/features/actions
- GitHub Packages: https://github.com/features/packages
This role will be involved in the design, rollout and support of highly performant, highly scalable and highly available services and infrastructure with your team and product partners. Together we are creating the tools and products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional, and productive. We hope you do as well.
- You will manage a team of engineers and will be accountable for the people and project management
- You will collaborate closely with the Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will design/architect solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- 2 or more years of experience as a software engineering people manager.
- 7+ years of experience developing web applications or large-scale systems
- Passionate about people management and growing the team
- Experience with C#, Ruby and Go based back end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- A strong sense of product and an affinity for the human who is using it
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
- An appreciation for infrastructure, though expertise is not required. Experience with Docker is a big plus.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in India.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.