GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we’re looking for a Product Manager in the GitHub Enterprise team.
Thousands of companies rely on GitHub to build, ship, and maintain their software. Most of those companies use GitHub Enterprise Server, our self-hosted product. Millions of developers rely on GitHub Enterprise Server to create and deploy software, making it the core infrastructure on which most of the world’s products are built.
We’re looking for a Senior or Staff level product manager for GitHub Enterprise Server (GHES). The GitHub Enterprise Server team is responsible for ensuring that companies are successful deploying and managing GitHub at any scale. We do that by building tools for administrators and operators, and GitHub’s internal teams. We create the core platform on which the product is built - from installation to upgrade, high availability and horizontal scaling configurations, and our internal build and release processes.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a customer-centric roadmap, built from quantitative and qualitative data
- Build deep expertise on the needs of GitHub Enterprise Server administrators, and use this insight to drive a customer-centric roadmap for the product.
- Craft concise communications for stakeholders and leadership on the product’s trajectory
- Represent the GHES product across GitHub, engaging pro-actively with product, engineering, support and sales teams to advocate for the product and support others in their work
- Measure and report on the success of initiatives and the product, and make scoping and priority decisions backed by that data
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of the Enterprise Product Management team, working in collaboration with your peers to constantly evolve how we work and the team’s culture
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5+ years of product management, or related, experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- You have a track record of working through complex technical and product problems, and working with enterprise or global-scale systems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- People love working with you!
Bonus points if:
- You have previous experience working on developer, infrastructure or platform products.
- You have experience with complex enterprise software applications, and self-hosted products.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $104,000 to maximum $149,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.