GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub.
GitHub is looking for an Executive Communications Business Partner to join the Executive Communications team to build and coordinate internal and external communications programs for GitHub leaders. This role will serve as a strategic advisor and thought partner, offering counsel on all aspects of communications and acting as a connector to the broader communications and content marketing teams as well as developing assets that tie communications directly to desired business outcomes.
This role reports to the Director of Executive Communications supporting GitHub's Chief Revenue Officer, and the right candidate will be comfortable operating in a role with multiple key stakeholders. You will work with directly with executives and their teams on communications strategy while partnering closely with the broader communications team (including internal communications, visual communications, corporate communications/public relations, and analyst relations) to effectively identify engagement opportunities that will drive business impact, align with company priorities, and positively position the company as the home for all developers.
As the right candidate, you understand the power of words, and are masterful at finding the right combination to convey a message. You are skilled in writing and editing for someone else's unique voice, and you have a gift for storytelling. The right candidate is excited about making an impact on a fast-growing company.
- Partner with executive to build an understanding of business objectives; create and maintain messaging platforms with core storylines and programs for internal and external audiences.
- Own internal and external communications deliverables for executive, managing programs, content, channels, cascades, etc; crafting messages for a variety of audiences (Developers, Customers, Microsoft, Hubbers).
- Monitor external and internal channels to identify communication opportunities and prepare reactive statements, as needed.
- Partner with the corporate communications, customer evidence, analyst relations, marketing, content and social teams on key executive messages for external communications.
- Develop strategic communication plans with the broader communication team and other internal stakeholders, and execute on them independently when needed.
- Coach and provide superior counsel in effective communications skills and relationship-building skills to help them become effective spokespeople for the company and their stakeholders/team.
- 7+ years of professional experience in communications
- 3+ years in executive communications
- Strong executive presence and ability to advise on communications strategy to all levels of the organization (and to persuade as needed)
- Strong business acumen with exemplary editing and writing skills
- Ability to drive consensus across diverse set of stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Ability to support change management in complex, fast changing organizations
- Strong organization and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills and analytical ability
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $89,200 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub's U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.