GitHub, the home for all developers, is looking for a strategic and collaborative creative thinker to join us as a key member of our fast-paced and growing marketing team. You’ll oversee Product Marketing for GitHub Copilot, a new tool from GitHub’s platform enabling developers to leverage AI (Artificial Intelligence) as a pair programmer.
In this role, you’ll bring your experience and understanding of the software development lifecycle (from developer environments to deployment) and engineering teams to help communicate the unique value and capabilities of GitHub Copilot to developers. You will own the strategic positioning and messaging for GitHub Copilot and develop strategies to drive Copilot’s awareness, adoption, and revenue growth. Through partnering with fellow product marketers, product management, and our revenue organization you will define the strategic goals and quarterly OKRs for products and align efforts to drive key results and outcomes.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will report to the Head of Product Marketing for the Core Productivity & Compute Products. You will partner and collaborate with peers across Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Developer Relations, Demand Marketing, and Global Field Marketing. You will work with Marketing and Sales Ops to define core measurements and understand the efficacy of programs to optimize results over time.
Is this position remote?
GitHub is a remote-friendly organization and product marketing is no exception. We encourage applicants to apply who are comfortable working from wherever there is electricity, good wifi, and your preferred geography. Afraid of getting lonely at home? We can help by providing a coworking space benefit in your city. If you prefer coming into an office, we also have one of those (a very nice one, in fact) in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco.
- Build compelling product and solution messaging and content for GitHub Copilot
- Support product adoption goals in new and existing customers with effective customer success informed programs and marketing initiatives
- Inform and influence Product Leadership on decisions related to product roadmap and pricing/packaging
- Act as a subject matter expert for launch strategies and metrics for new products and own enterprise-developer-focused content
- Scope and lead creation of impactful customer education assets mapped to buying journey
- Develop an effective go-to-market strategy leveraging available and nascent levers including product, sales teams, professional services, customer and seller incentive programs
- Partner with the product growth team to experiment within the product to drive awareness and adoption by leveraging in-product surfaces
- Support developer engagement through the creation of effective presentation assets, conversation guides, and other supporting materials
- Partner with sales to lead customer conversations and establish effective feedback loops to inform content creation and product direction
- Develop campaign messaging and strategy in partnership with the Demand Generation team
- Collaborate with the customer success team to identify patterns for success and areas to improve in the product, along with continuous improvement input for messaging and content.
- Monitor key competitors in the cloud-hosted developer environment market and identify gaps and opportunities for go-to-market activities
- Experience with integrated development environments (IDEs) such as Visual Studio Code, JetBrains, and Neovim or any other IDE
- Wide-ranging experience in product marketing and developer-oriented marketing
- Experienced working with and developing content for technical audiences and engineering leaders
- Effective at cross-functional collaboration
- Comfortable soliciting and incorporating feedback on key deliverables
- Exercise strong judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Strong understanding of priorities for product marketing efforts based on customer and market demands
- Understanding of B2B software business models and the ability to build aligned programs to drive business growth
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail plus the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements and opportunities
- Familiarity or experience with AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Experience with software collaboration & DevOps platforms
- Experience with configuring a developer environment
- Familiarity with GitHub: our product and our community
- Experience or familiarity with open source software
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from the following countries: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, or from the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.