The Director of Global Workplace Strategy is a newly created role with a global scope that oversees and drives 4 major strategic verticals and areas of impact that will define the future of GitHub’s remote first and workplace experiences:
- Global Workplace Events - planning, triaging, executing on internal events happening globally in our offices, new programming of annual events, mini-summits, team events, weekly morale events, etc.
- Remote Experience - remote employee workplace experience - coworking resources, home office reimbursement, benchmarking our remote-first program to industry and competitors, remote employee engagement, overall workplace “future of work” strategy and vision
- Global Real Estate and Design - owns CAPEX reporting and management, office lease management, growth and occupancy planning, office design and configuration work, new builds, improving existing builds, furniture, heavy lift on managing construction projects.
- Technical Operations - end to end management of technical workplace operations such as procurement, reporting metrics for sustainability and corporate deliverables, OPEX budget planning and reporting
- This role is a people manager role that will lead the strategic and creative vision and initiatives for GitHub Workplace Experience. This role will partner with Regional Workplace Manager to ensure alignment and operational execution of strategic objectives.
- Will partner cross functionally with leaders across GitHub to understand how Workplace can support expected growth and business needs, now and in the future.
- This role will own relationships with our peers at Microsoft Global Workplace Services and LinkedIn Workplace and will work to identify opportunities for collaboration and alignment.
- Owns end to end communication on project plans and strategy to stakeholders as well as internal customers (aka our Hubbers!) and will represent GitHub’s workplace philosophy in external industry communications
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of workplace operations, space planning and design, multiple facets of workplace projects and remote-first experience
8+ years managing workplace experience and/or office management strategy and/or programs management leveraging related data regarding the creation and execution of physical or virtual workplace solutions in a global environment.
- Working cross-functionally and bringing in multiple workstreams to deliver a program or vision
- Executing broad communications and engaging stakeholders as subject matter expert of current opportunities and trends in business, corporate real estate, design, architecture, and workplace strategy.
- Experience managing internal teams as well as vendors and contractors
- Solid foundation in Workplace operations, employee experience and engagement, Workplace strategy/design.
- Must have proven track record in documentation of processes, agreements, purchasing
- Strong analytical, communication and project management skills
- Will require travel to our office locations around the world.
- No expectations on being fully onsite, remote OK.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $105,400 to maximum $223,600 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.