GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We're looking for experienced Solutions Engineers to provide pre and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base. A Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people-oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Partnering with the Corporate Sales team regionally
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales and field services to encourage product adoption
- Deliver product demonstrations and sales presentations, and lead clients through proof of technology.
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact.
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Understanding customer environments, including DevOps pipelines, code deployment options, and network infrastructure
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry.
- Contributing to internal and customer documentation
- Acting as an intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- Represent GitHub in person for onsite hackathons, lunch and learns, and other marketing and community events (in accordance with health guidelines)
- Partner with Marketing to enable and support partners on all partner readiness for various campaigns, events, and collateral.
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledgebases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Experience working with channel partners
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Previous Software development, Engineering, and/or Technical Support experience
- Passionate about software, technology, and business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and through speech)
- Ability to influence people
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and source code management
- Ability to become deeply fluent in Git and GitHub technology
- At least 3 years of software industry experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the following States: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or onsite at GitHub’s Raleigh office.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.