We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Strategic Finance team, with a focus on GitHub's Self-Serve (credit card based) software business. The successful candidate will work directly with leaders in the Marketing and Growth organization to review performance, set targets, and shape the trajectory of GitHub's Self Serve Annualized Recurring Revenue (ARR). We're looking for organized thinkers who can juggle multiple projects and be responsible for key growth initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a small team helping to scale a high growth SaaS business.
- Self Serve ARR. Plan and forecast the trajectory of GitHub's Self-Serve ARR. Project trends in each product based on ARR movements, and connect ARR growth to Marketing investments and the demand funnel by setting targets for Pipeline generation. Contribute directly to the company's ARR targets, and drive monthly reporting packages to GitHub leadership.
- Marketing & Growth. Analyze the ROI of demand generation and marketing investments using SAAS metrics, and advise leadership on how to best invest in support of GitHub's Self-Serve business. Partner with leaders in GitHub's Marketing organization and Growth team to set budgets for people investments and GitHub's largest customer events.
- Education: Bachelors degree in a relevant field.
- Work Experience: 4+ years of relevant work experience, for example previous experience in Strategic Finance/FP&A at a company with a subscription based pricing model, Investment Banking/Research, or Venture Capital / Private Equity. Experience with forecasting and/or setting financial targets for revenue or ARR is a major plus.
- Technical Experience: Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets.
- Business Intuition: Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business.
- Communication Skills: Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences.
- Self-Starter Mentality: Proactive thinker looking to build processes that scale.
- Interpersonal Skills: Build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub's U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.