GitHub is searching for a Demand Generation Manager to lead our Global Security demand generation program and who wants to make a big impact for themselves, the GitHub Revenue team, and most importantly, our customers.
In this role, you will oversee our growth strategy focused on awareness, acquisition, and expansion for new and cross sell GitHub Advanced Security leads and opportunities. This program owns enterprise programs on core application security features including: Code Scanning, Secret Scanning, and CodeQL. You will be responsible for driving revenue while optimizing return on investment by determining optimal market segmentation, channels, forecasting, and reporting.
The ideal candidate understands segmentation and personas mapping with first-hand experience marketing security software. Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a high level of compassion for colleagues and the developer community required.
- Develop and execute high-impact, B2B demand generation programs to achieve revenue and pipeline goals
- Ensures overall goals are met in terms of the number of new inquiries, marketing qualified leads (MQLs) and sales qualified leads (SQLs), conversion rates, and costs from demand generation campaigns
- Work with cross functional teams including product marketing, partner marketing, and content marketing to identify and leverage buyer journey assets, messaging, and content to deliver demand generation campaigns
- Create and execute campaigns tactics including: webinars, landing pages, re-engagement emails, email nurtures, content assets, and other digital marketing tactics across the funnel
- Coordinate the execution of paid search, SEO, and display ads with centralized resources and agencies
- Develop a deep understanding of GitHub Enterprise for audience segmentation strategies and buyer’s journey mapping
- Align with Sales Development teams for top of funnel inbound and outbound programs
- Present plans to stakeholders and document work for visibility across organization
- Plan and maintain campaign calendar aligned with other marketing stakeholders and campaign managers
- 3 years of enterprise software marketing; 5+ years preferred
- Background in driving targeted acquisition, retention, upsell, and cross-sell marketing campaigns
- Experience working within demand generation, marketing campaigns, or marketing operations
- Understanding of software development practices and/or application security
- Knowledgeable or ready to learn about GitHub Enterprise product and software security
- Project management, organization, documentation, and communication skills are a must
- CRM, marketing automation, agencies, and marketing analytical tools experience. Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with product marketing and supporting a broad technology portfolio.
- Data and results-driven mindset with the ability to understand and measure business impact while driving multiple projects concurrently
- Successful track record of partnering with sales teams
- Very data-driven, intellectually curious and numerically inclined
- Able or willing to learn how to use GitHub
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.