GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. We're looking for Customer Success Architects to develop positive technical relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer outcomes, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to deepen our technical relationships with customers, be a technical advisor, and have a passion for working with others.
A Staff Customer Success Architect (CSA) is the technical champion for GitHub Public Sector customers, who focuses on connecting the technical and business customer activities in partnership with GitHub Customer Success Managers. The CSA will be expected to help customers achieve their business outcomes related to topics such as software development lifecycle, devops, innersource, code analysis and security, product strategy and enablement. The CSA will coach technical champions within customer organizations on how to identify and plan technical strategies to address their most pressing business problems. Common activities include workflow design, deployment architecture advisement, and adoption planning.
Many of our customers begin with a set of strategic projects that grow into sizable partnerships. Working with GitHub Customer Success Managers, the CSA will:
- Lead customers in the application of GitHub products and services offerings to meet their desired business outcomes. This may include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day or aiding in overcoming technical and cultural blockers to adoption.
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account team (Customer Success Manager, Enterprise Sales Managers, Enterpise Account Managers, and Solutions Engineers) to define and execute account strategy
- Be the customer's champion inside of GitHub, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other groups
- Recommend product improvements based on customer experiences
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including both technology that is inside GitHub, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of GitHub
- Support the expansion and renewal opportunities.
- 5+ years experience in technical consulting, technical customer success, or other customer-facing technical roles
- Experience helping customers with software development practices, devops, CI/CD, or open source development practices
- Passion for continually improving the customer experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can quickly identify and solve technical and business challenges related to software delivery
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Collaborative and team-focused, with a willingness to take initiative
- Self-directed and resourceful
- Ability to travel approximately 25% when it is safe to do so
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, tools and workflows
- In-depth knowledge of the enterprise Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software composition and security analysis, SAST/DAST tooling
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of DevSecOps patterns and industry trends
- Experience guiding enterprise organizations through transformational change in technical domains.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.