GitHub is looking for a Systems and Solution Architect (People Systems) to join our Business Systems team. This remote role will help administer, scale, and expand our People Systems and technology stack.
GitHub is the gateway for software development. Our impact and customers are global, and so is our vision. We're looking for someone who will materially advance our business and culture.
The Business Systems function is the technology group within Security that makes Human Resources matters easy and intuitive for Hubbers. Our team optimizes global people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across the organization bringing innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Hubbers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Hubbers, and work in GitHub’s fast-paced environment to deliver numerous global operational services and programs that enable GitHub to manage their Workforce. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Business Systems team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement critical operations and programs that impact our global workforce.
We expect our platform to be fast and the same is true for our internal tools. Our team is made up of a diverse group who envision better processes, build them, reliably operate them, and then continually improve upon them. As a Solution Architect on the team, you think holistically about technology, the tools themselves, and the systems and processes that support them. Your projects use technology to streamline and drive processes that are essential to keeping our organization humming along. You have a bias for action and impeccable execution. You're a problem solver with drive and creativity who is constantly seeking to make our processes and systems better, faster, and more efficient.
Your role will be to help architect, implement, and optimize our People Systems, and assist with business process designs, change management, training, and compliance. This will entail establishing a deep understanding of our current software, integrations, user experience and utilization so that you can advise key stakeholders and program owners on recommended optimization opportunities. We are ever-evolving and improving so you will be on the lookout for ways to enhance our internal processes and architecture to ensure it aligns with our business goals and end user requirements.
You'll partner with other awesome teams here at GitHub, such as People Operations, Learning and Development, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, and Engineering to transform company-wide challenges into systems-driven solutions. You’ll partner with the business to understand, represent and lead the “voice of the customer” in identifying, prioritizing and driving enhancements across the People Systems stack.
Collectively, we're a resourceful bunch that enjoys mastering new and sometimes difficult subject matters, striving for efficient and effective processes, and working collaboratively to improve our systems.
Our primary customers are our internal business partners. We like to make sure they are set up to be successful by assisting in general change management during the introduction of process or system changes. Building relationships, understanding our current architecture, programs and processes are key. Seeking clarity in ambiguity is fundamental. Leveraging data and business requirements documentation and user stories are crucial. Change management is key, and you can expect to be educating Hubbers both one-on-one and in groups on how to use our people systems. You should be equally comfortable configuring and with providing excellent customer service.
This position is a remote position and reports to the Director of People Systems.
- Build cross-functional partnerships in order to (1) understand current state processes, constraints, workflow and bottle necks (2) establish clear business requirements by architecting scalable processes and programs leveraging both current and potential system solutions (3) partnering and collaboration with multiple stakeholders to either improve or establish new solutions
- Document Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) inclusive of current and proposed end-to-end business processes
- Architect and re-architect current processes that maintain best practices, procedures, and controls with a keen eye on User Experience
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to discover, develop, analyze, and implement optimization opportunities
- Lead and or participate in the definition, design of the current system solution and exploration of improvement opportunities
- Support, enable and optimize our current service delivery pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills relating to security, compliance, technology, and best practices and make recommendations for process or service improvements
- Support continuous improvement and optimization of existing systems and programs
- 4+ years of experience in supporting a specific or broad range of functional HR domains (Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Experience, Employee Engagement, Onboarding, Learning and Development, Training and Development, Insights etc.)
- 4+ years experience with documenting workflows and architecture via process maps, workflows (swimlanes), data flow diagrams (DFDs) and alike
- 4+ years of experience in developing end-to-end data solution architecture for various data/system structures. ie. data warehouses, Operational data stores, Data Lakes etc.
- 4+ years of experience gathering and documenting business systems requirements for HR
- 4+ years of experience with business process analysis and business process improvement
- 4+ years of experience leveraging project management and development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban) to continuously drive improvements and automation with an emphasis on user experience and scalability
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity while supporting multiple workstreams
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus and change management skills and ability to find the best solution, taking into account conflicting priorities and needs
- Experience implementing, configuring, or consulting on enterprise applications, specifically in the HR or People Systems space.
- Experience with problem-solving through systems and technology
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with supporting global initiatives and/or programs such at Metrics/Insights, Workforce Planning, Rewards and Recognition, Open Enrollment, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition or Operations.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $89,200 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.