We know that one of the keys to our growth relies on a high-performing revenue team. That’s why we’re seeking a Director, Seller Enablement to build and accelerate the performance of our Sales organizations by up-leveling all roles competencies related to our buyers and customers, offering portfolio, processes, sales methodology and our tech stack.
As Director of Seller Enablement you will report to the Head of Revenue Enablement, and partner with peers across Revenue Enablement, Product Marketing, Program Management and Sales Operations. You will work with Sales leadership and regional leaders to define core measurements and understand the efficacy of programs to optimize results over time, and bring your experience to help communicate the unique value and capabilities of GitHub offerings to the global Sales team.
If you're right for this role, you are
- Driven and action-oriented: You will need to be proactive in this role to identify what the team needs to succeed and then come up with strategies and action plans to enable the team for success
- An active listener: You will listen to the needs of the sales team in order to supply them with the best tools and materials to help them do their jobs better
- An excellent communicator: You are able to distill complex concepts and processes into clear and digestible information, both in written and verbal communication
- A strategic thinker: You know how to formulate sales enablement programs that are high impact and scalable, always keeping the end goal in mind
- A great relationship-builder: You will need to work with multiple departments within CommentSold to get the job done, so you must be able to develop strong relationships across the organization
- Resourceful: You will have to be creative with coming up with how to get the job done. You’ll often be faced with challenges that defy an easy solution
- Experienced: You will be leading the charge, so we expect that you’ve done this before. You should have deep domain expertise and be able to dive in on day one
- Develop and implement the strategy for enablement including quality effectiveness programs and clear key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics evaluating success – ensuring that revenue enablement KPIs are clearly defined, tracked, and reported
- Execute the vision, roadmap, and priorities for global enablement programs at the individual and leadership levels, spanning all revenue functions from onboarding all the way through the entire employee journey
- Develop a world-class team of enablement professionals delivering A+ revenue enablement programs, content, experiences, and technology focused on selling GitHub’s differentiation and value to customers
- When needed, you can develop and train content alongside your enablement team
- Align all enablement components to the customer lifecycle to understand and enhance the skills, knowledge, process expertise, and tools required by our revenue team to increase productive and customer engagement
- Engage with senior leadership providing key data and insights into revenue enablement initiatives and their impact on individual development
- Measure and evaluate the return on investment of our revenue enablement programs ensuring that everything we do is tied directly to competency improvement and has a direct impact on key business metrics
- Partner with subject matter experts (product, product marketing, Revenue leadership) to develop programs including but not limited to, role-specific training, product releases, systems, certifications, and ongoing enablement
- Drive adoption of the enablement platform(s)
- Experience with different learning modalities- vILT, e-learning, in-person, video, podcasts etc.
- 7+ years experience in enablement with at least 3 years in a strategic leadership capacity where you set the vision and direction for a enablement team in a high-growth, high-velocity technology company
- Demonstrated ability to support a diverse revenue organization creating and implementing successful revenue process/methodology/playbook initiatives to a large global organization
- Thrived in a fast-paced environment delivering on multiple enablement initiatives in parallel – nothing slows you down
- Expert knowledge and experience at change management execution with verified outcomes of implemented initiatives
- Excelled in creating and tracking key metrics and providing insights into all areas of revenue effectiveness
- Experience with Salesforce, Sales Enablement tooling (GURU, Highspot, Chorus, ZoomInfo, SalesLoft, etc.), and Sales Methodologies (MEDDPICC, Challenger, Sandler, Selling through Curiosity, etc.)
- Excellent people builder and leader, able to identify and hire high performing talent, inspire inside and outside the enablement organization, drive accountability, and develop an elite team
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated ability to align revenue enablement processes and methodologies with the goals of the business
- Experience managing a remote Revenue Enablement team; can impact people and results remotely
- A demonstrated track record of working inter-departmentally to get things done
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.