We are looking for an experienced product security engineer to join the Security Partners team at GitHub. The Security partners team engages engineers and builds a culture of security into our everyday engineering workflows. Team is responsible for supporting and empowering product security champions across the org through impactful knowledge sharing sessions. Team also acts as a liaison between the application security team and the champions community.
Responsibilities include -
- Discover needs and drive security solutions across one or more of GitHub’s business units.
- Build deep relationships with product and engineering leaders for assessing security training needs
- Empower the product team and developers through well designed security awareness and security education programs.
- Act as a liaison between GitHub’s security teams and engineering teams to understand product architecture and assessing security needs
- Develop and maintain deep industry expertise in the product security areas
- Supports engineering teams by helping them assess risk, learn to identify architectural gaps, and similar activities.
- Creates secure engineering documentation, guidance, and similar collateral.
- Collaborate with the GitHub’s security teams to plan, develop and run security-related educational events such as CTFs, awareness campaigns, and periodic knowledge sharing sessions.
- Passionate about translating technical concepts into accessible language
- Collaborates with other teams within security to help identify new tools and processes to integrate into GitHub's Secure software development lifecycle.
- Enthusiastic about creating and applying innovative solutions to identified needs.
- Is generally an advocate for secure software development at GitHub.
Note: if you are this close to the qualifications described in this posting, please don't let it discourage you from applying. We'd love to hear from you.
- Interest in engaging employees and encouraging the use of security best practices
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with other teams and business functions
- Experience in managing complex programs, projects, and/or events
- An understanding of product security best practices
- Knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Known for being a great communicator and collaborator
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Background ( Software engineer/ developer interested in Security or Security engineer )
- Practical software development skills ( 2+ years) in any programming language (such as Python/ ruby on rails/ Go)
- Working knowledge of modern web security standards ( add examples)
- Experience using Git and GitHub
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.