We’re looking for an analyst relations manager to join a growing team focused on application security. This person will be responsible for the plan, execution, management and measurement of GitHub’s security product focused AR program. This role will be tasked to develop strategy and grow relationships with industry analysts focused on helping organizations put DevSecOps into practice.
The right candidate is an experienced communicator, who understands the role industry analysts play as influencers of enterprise technology selection and validating vendor product and GTM strategies. They are driven, focused and a quick study when it comes to complex technology. The candidate must be comfortable balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while often working independently.
The team’s work is highly visible, so candidates should have experience working with executives and senior leadership. They possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, high levels of empathy and are a multitasking pro.
- Engage with industry analysts continuously to have a pulse on the industry and provide insights to product, revenue and comms teams.
- Act as a strategic advisor to business stakeholders- driving valuable insight, guidance and feedback into the business.
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers and research participation.
- Create, nurture and manage positive relationships with application security industry analysts, serving as a key contact.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with analysts to engage and educate them on GitHub’s strategy, roadmap and product updates.
- Plan, schedule, and manage analyst/influencer program activities such as participation in analyst research, conferences, consult and advisory sessions, briefings, inquiries and reporting.
- Respond to, serve and manage internal requests for industry analyst interactions, publications, research, event support and other requests as needed.
- Work with the product and product marketing teams to create and curate relevant product/industry-related content in preparation for analyst engagements.
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing and product teams to maximize program impact.
- Deliver market insight reports for sales enablement use in field education and competitive battlecards.
Qualifications and skills:
- Between 5-7 years experience in analyst relations or public relations. Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the software development industry and DevOps concepts.
- Ability to see top down and bottom up—can move seamlessly between high-level, strategic thinking and more nuanced, tactical work.
- Skilled at cross-functional, influence-driven collaboration to achieve results.
- Ability to think across boundaries – work with product, marketing, sales and market planning to distill and deliver messages from those teams.
- Experience working closely with executives and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to be nimble, empathetic and collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in high-stress environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leveraging first party, third party and internal data to develop meaningful insights to share internally and externally.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.