GitHub is looking for a Product Manager (People Systems) to join our Business Systems team. This remote role will primarily focus on driving Performance and Development, Compensation, Succession Planning and Talent Management projects and initiatives associated with scaling and expanding our People Systems programs and technology stack.
GitHub is the gateway for software development. Our impact and customers are global, and so is our vision. We're looking for someone who will materially advance our business and culture.
The Business Systems function is the technology group within Security that makes Human Resources matters easy and intuitive for Hubbers.
Our team optimizes global people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across the organization bringing innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Hubbers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Hubbers, and work in GitHub’s fast-paced environment to deliver numerous global operational services and programs that enable GitHub to manage their Workforce. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Business Systems team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement critical operations and programs that impact our global workforce. We are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively.
We expect our platform to be fast and the same is true for our internal tools. Our team is made up of a diverse group who envision better processes, build them, reliably operate them, and then continually improve upon them. As a Product Manager, you will leverage project management and development methodologies, to partner with various stakeholder groups to drive initiatives from conception through implementation in the areas of Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Core HR.
Collectively, we're a resourceful bunch that enjoys mastering new and sometimes difficult subject matters, striving for efficient and effective processes, and working collaboratively to improve our systems.
Our customers are our internal business partners to build great Hubber experiences. We ensure they are set up to be successful by assisting in general change management during the introduction of process or system changes. Building relationships, understanding our current architecture, culture, programs and processes are key. Seeking clarity in ambiguity is fundamental. Putting users at the center of ideation, design, and execution while thinking big picture.
This position is a remote position and reports to the Director of People Systems.
- As a stakeholder focused team member, collaborate with customer groups to establish and execute project plans surrounding various products within Performance and Development, Compensation, Succession Planning and Talent Management
- Products and programs may include but are not limited to Performance and Development, Compensation, Succession Planning and Talent Management
- Manage entire product lifecycle and product roadmap for a specific product or program
- Support development by prioritizing product backlog and managing user stories
- Leveraging project management and development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban) to continuously drive improvements and automation with an emphasis on user experience and scalability
- Partner stakeholders to establish metrics and gather feedback from the organization to monitor, improve, and iterate on program performance and outcomes
- Partner with stakeholders to drive projects, initiatives and enhancements that surround continuous improvement and optimization of existing programs and systemsShow passion for building great products and solving complex customer and business problems
- Embody agile philosophy and approaches, with a test and learn philosophy and an interactive way of working to improve your function’s solutions
- Experience with various project management and development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile and appropriate application of each
- Agile development experience, familiarity with various Agile Management Tools
- Proven ability to manage projects of various scope and complexity
- Motivated self-starter with high attention to detail; flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience with working at all levels of delivery from scrumming teams to managing projects and delivering features/releases at program level
- Experience supporting Workday Talent Management
- 8+ years of experience in supporting a specific or broad range of functional HR domains
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity while supporting multiple workstreams
- Crisp written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- 8+ years of experience managing operations, programs, and/or simultaneous projects, within the Human Resources domain
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and operational efficiencies
- Knack for details, planning, prioritization, and organization
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity with a results-oriented mentality
- Comfortable working with confidential information
- Experience with supporting global initiatives and/or programs such as Performance and Development, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, Succession Planning and Talent Management
- Experience with working on a distributed team across time zones
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.