Millions of developers and thousands of companies use GitHub to build, ship, and maintain their software.
The GitHub Identity, Access Management and Ecosystem products provide the fundamental building blocks for securely accessing and integrating with GitHub. With over 65 million users, thousands of businesses signing in with SAML and billions of API calls every day, GitHub provides the core infrastructure that binds the development community together.
We’re looking for a Director of Product to lead the GitHub Identity and Ecosystem group. The group is responsible for:
- providing developers and enterprises with the best possible experience to extend and integrate with GitHub
- securing all GitHub and enterprise accounts with strong authentication methods backed by GitHub and major Identity Providers
- powering users and integrations with a flexible authentication and authorisation platform, from users to apps
In this role, you’ll drive the vision and product strategy for the product group, and lead a team of experienced product managers to craft and deliver on the mission of securely unlocking the full potential of all GitHub users and customers.
What you will be doing:
- Create and deliver the product group’s vision. You will be responsible for a vision that aligns with customer needs and GitHub’s goals, as well as defining and delivering key results.
- Build deep expertise on the needs of your users: developers, integrators, marketplace vendors, enterprise security teams and enterprise administrators.
- Engage with users to identify opportunities to deliver value, and build relationships to better understand how to serve our users.
- Drive the pace of shipping and learning across teams, while maintaining our high quality bar.
- Building high trust relationships with stakeholders across GitHub Product, Engineering, Security, Support and Sales.
- Mentor and grow your team. Help each of your product managers grow their skills and be successful in their areas.
You might be a fit if:
- You have successfully lead ecosystem, API or IAM products in the past
- You have experience managing a team of product managers
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working through complex technical problems
- You have a passion for building products that developers and enterprises love
- You’ve got awesome communication skills
- You empower others, build inclusive teams, and people love working with you!
Bonus points if:
- You have previous experience working on IAM, security or developer products
- You’re passionate about the latest trends in the ecosystem and IAM space
- You have experience delivering both complex platform and customer-facing software products
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead of us
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.