GitHub, the home for all developers, is looking for a strategic thinker to join us as a team leader of our growing product marketing team. You’ll lead the growing solutions marketing team by creating the strategy for solutions marketing, hiring the team to capacity and scaling for long term success.
In this role, you’ll leverage your understanding of software development, DevOps, open source software and the open source community to help analyze the unique value and capabilities of GitHub’s offerings and competitor strategies in the DevOps market. Through collaborating with fellow product marketers, product management, sales enablement and the revenue organization you will define the strategic goals and quarterly OKRs for GitHub’s solution marketing team to drive key results and outcomes.
As the leader of the solutions marketing team, you will report to the Head of Product Marketing and you will partner with a diverse set of expert stakeholders across the organization.
Lead and grow GitHub’s solution marketing initiatives:
- People management for the growing team of 5 product marketers: 2 individual contributors with 3 more head count immediately available to hire.
- Strategic initiatives - partner with team members to drive initiatives that contribute to the all-up product marketing strategy and the GitHub brand. Examples of strategic initiatives include tagline work, sales plays and persona research.
- Microsoft joint go-to-market strategy - partner with team members to drive the joint messaging, positioning and go-to-market motions with Microsoft.
- Competitive - partner with team members to build and run the competitive program at GitHub.
- Partner marketing - partner with the team to improve the joint go-to-market strategy with GitHub’s technical alliance partners, resellers and GSIs.
- Vertical marketing - partner with the team to build and run vertical marketing motions, starting with regulated industries and potential to expand into other verticals.
- Proven experience in product marketing, preferably in DevOps or DevSecOps segments
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work in technology marketing and software development
- Minimum 3 years of experience in people management in product marketing or marketing
- Minimum 2 years of marketing experience in the tech industry
- Deep understanding of B2B software business models and the ability to build aligned programs to drive business growth
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail plus the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements and opportunities
- Strong familiarity with GitHub products and community
- Prior experience with Microsoft as a full time employee, contractor or partner
- Prior experience with GitHub, GitLab or Atlassian BitBucket
- Product marketing experience in a compete role, vertical marketing or partner marketing
- Product marketing experience with software collaboration & DevOps platforms
- Product marketing experience in a market research role
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $105,400 to maximum $223,600 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.