We are currently hiring an IT Product Manager to join our IT Corporate Engineering team and be responsible for the internal IT Services product strategy & roadmap. You will work closely with a diverse team of Software Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers, managing product life cycles across the IT Engineering disciplines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing product performance and redesigning as required
- Designing, developing and managing activities from product definition & planning to production and release
- Developing the product strategy and roadmap
- Managing new demand intake, project boards and backlogs
- Planning and driving sprints with user stories and success criteria
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business impact, performance, security, and post-launch support
- Working cross-functionally with change management, design, and technology teams to ensure timely and quality release of product/ enhancements
- Collaborate closely with Security Operations and Risk teams for a security as priority approach
- You possess a Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, other related field. OR equal working experience in the IT or Engineering field.
- You have a strong background in software engineering as well as prior experience in product management
- You have prior experience in managing a product throughout its lifecycle
- A project management certification (eg. PMP) would be a plus
- You possess strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You can work effectively with cross functional teams
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.