GitHub is looking for a passionate storyteller to help drive the next evolution of the Customer Marketing team and amplify the voice of our 65+ million customers.
As a Customer Marketing Manager, you will be a passionate advocate for our customers, looking for new and unique ways to showcase the success of developer teams across a variety of formats (e.g. customer stories, best practice guides, videos, eBooks, events, etc.). You will have strong program management skills, and the ability to unite cross-functional stakeholders and team members to achieve the best results for our customers and the business.
The right candidate will have a high bar for editorial excellence and be able to translate technically complex concepts into engaging and informative content. You will leverage your understanding of the marketing funnel and customer journey to determine the best format for telling each story.
- Establish yourself as a source of truth for customer stories - supporting urgent needs for customer content from across the business.
- Partner with Revenue organizations (Sales, PMM, Integrated Demand Marketing & Services) to understand upcoming content requirements, and provide a right-sized solution.
- Engage with customers to capture stories that illustrate their success and the strength of GitHub’s platform, products, and features.
- Effectively leverage sales reporting tools (i.e. Salesforce), sales managers and other internal partners to identify and nurture potential customer references.
- Support business expansion through regional customer content (EMEA, India, LATAM).
- Support the Startup Program with regional SMB customer content
- Support GitHub events with customer speakers and testimonials.
- Proactively identify opportunities to infuse the voice of the customer in externally-facing content and opportunities (e.g. events, PR, AR, etc.).
- Execute campaigns for customer review sites (e.g. Gartner Peer Insights) and enterprise influencers.
- Manage writing resources to ensure content meets the highest quality standards for our enterprise audience with an eye on SEO, value proposition positioning, clarity, accuracy.
- Generate effective and innovative ideas to improve customer stories, increase customer testimonials, and maximize the impact of each story.
- 2+ years of experience in technology marketing, customer marketing, customer evidence/reference, or communications (internal communications and/or PR), with experience managing projects for cross-functional teams.
- Strong customer-centric mindset and demonstrated ability to put the customer first.
- Passionate storyteller with strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing and fast-paced environment, goal orientation with a strong bias toward action and tangible results.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Willingness to embrace a growth mindset, experiment, and be curious to learn new things.
- Inquisitive and interested in understanding people’s goals and motivations.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.