GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The Customer Success and Support organization has created a Learning and Development team to help support our teams in these endeavors!
The Content Build & Delivery Manager will be responsible for the production build of our live courseware as well as the live delivery of our content, through the modalities of instructor-led and virtual instructor-led training.
The Content Build & Delivery Manager will collaborate with the content team as they build the components of instructor-led and virtual-instructor led courseware to ensure the requirements of live instruction are carefully kept in mind. The Content Build & Delivery Manager will move these courses into implementation, by designing, planning, and executing the live training elements, including interactivity, knowledge assessment, adaptive learning techniques, and learner mentoring and evaluation.
Our live instructors play a critical and pivotal role in the success of our learning programs. Our instructors are our direct connection to our learners; which offers our team invaluable insights on learner experience, comprehension, and pacing. For our learners, the instructors are the “face” of the training; learners rely on our instructor’s expertise, flexibility, and experience to move successfully through our courseware.
The ideal candidate is comfortable playing dual roles of leader and individual contributor, both delivering and evaluating training, as well as mentoring and coaching other instructors and learners.
The Content Build & Delivery Manager should be comfortable in a fluid environment, where priorities, needs and requirements may shift as the Customer Success business grows and evolves.
In close partnership with the Learning Content Design Manager and Director of L&D, the Content Built and Delivery Manager will:
- Lead our Content Build process, which entails ensuring all necessary components of eLearning and VILT courseware are prepared, ready, organized, and deployed as designed
- Design and implement a production build process that successfully scales across the entire L&D team
- Provide thought partnership on classroom and virtual-led learning strategy and adult learning best practices
- Partner with the Content design team to create participant guides, facilitator guides, and other materials needed for instructor-led or virtual instructor-led training sessions
- Implement and execute training elements within the content design that specifically target a live audience, such as interactivity, knowledge assessment, and adaptive learning strategies.
- Mentor and coach additional instructors on methodology, best practices, tone and style of content delivery based on audience and needs analysis.
- Deliver live and live online training sessions to multiple audiences with varying backgrounds and experience levels across multi-hour and multi-day offerings
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree preferred with coursework in Education; teaching or facilitation certifications preferred
- Previous experience leading or helping lead a production effort in an educational environment
- Previous experience with eLearning rapid development tools
- Understanding of an eLearning and VILT production cycle and the necessary assets and components of each modality
- Minimum 5 years of experience delivering classroom based or virtual-instructor led trainings for adult audience
- Prior experience coaching and mentoring learners and/or instructors in best practices within live and live online learning environments
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles as it relates to attention span, cognitive load, digital literacy, spaced retrieval.
- Previous experience designing instructor-led sessions across multi-hour and multi-day workshop environments
**The language below will now be added on All Central and Colorado based job descriptions, please add in the appropriate salary range: Delete if not posting in Central and/or Colorado
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $84,000 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.