GitHub prides itself on being the home for all developers. That means we keep our developer audience front and center of all we do, including lead acquisition and revenue generation. We’re looking to hire a website marketing manager that will keep our key audience - developers - at the heart of every marketing effort to drive revenue via self and sales serve acquisition.
As the marketing program manager for the Web Experience team within the Revenue Org, you will work backwards from developer customer needs, partner with Product and Marketing analytics to understand how our sites serve this audience, and work on launching, maintaining, and enhancing our most valuable marketing web experiences.
You will collaborate with multiple teams including Content Marketing, Brand Design, Product Marketing, Product and Developer Relations. The Developer Experience Lead will drive management and testing of the marketing websites for our Developer audience, and collaborate on strategy and customer journey mapping.
- Collaborate to create and maintain a roadmap for marketing sites, working with stakeholders, other product managers, design and engineers to bring ideas to fruition.
- Enhancing marketing websites with new capabilities and functionality, working backwards to define and scope projects to make the experience better for developers in particular.
- Collaborate on web projects from gathering of requirements, design and development, to testing, launch, and support.
- Create and ideate on web projects that delight developers throughout their customer lifecycle with GitHub: before they become leads, after they become users.
- Drive traditional marketing KPIs like lead generation and customer acquisition as well as product usage KPIs such as breadth of adoption and product penetration.
- Work within sprint schedules, collaborating with the development team to prioritize tasks and requests
- Work with marketing managers, Product and Growth teams to understand business goals, define digital KPIs, and provide insights and reporting on how customers engage with our marketing websites.
- Help to build and maintain a web testing and experimentation roadmap focused on delighting and building trust with Enterprise developers
- Work closely with the Data and Analytics teams to develop reporting that combine website and customer engagement data
- 2+ years software industry experience as Program Manager with technical acumen
- 1+ years of experience in digital marketing, especially experience managing corporate websites
- Experience utilizing modern website technology and agile development processes
- Experience with content marketing and SEO best practices, and how these intersect with website development and management
- Passion for technically skilled builders: engineers, developers and similar roles
- Experience as a developer or in developer relations role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced team environment with frequent customer contact
- Qualitative research experience
- Collecting and evaluating customer feedback; shaping web experiences based off findings
- A/B web testing
- A GitHub product user
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.