We are looking for an FP&A professional to join GitHub's Strategic Finance team, with a focus on Sales Finance. The successful candidate will work directly with senior business partners to forecast, budget, and report Sales expenses and headcount investments, while also creating and publishing sales efficiency metrics. We're looking for someone who is able to construct detailed financial forecasts, partner with key business stakeholders, and is comfortable with ambiguity. This is a great opportunity to join a small team helping to scale a high growth SaaS business.
- Lead the annual expense planning process for GitHub's Sales team, including headcount, software, and all other budget items.
- Partner directly with senior Sales leaders to forecast each leader's spending as trends develop.
- Report spending performance vs. the financial plan each month, presenting directly to senior Sales leadership.
- Design and publish financial metrics on sales efficiency, and maintain the sales headcount model that informs key sales hiring decisions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Work Experience: 2+ years of relevant work experience, for example previous experience in Strategic Finance/FP&A at a software company, Investment Banking/Research, or Venture Capital/Private Equity.
- Technical Experience: Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets.
- Business Intuition: Solid understanding of how SaaS businesses scale.
- Communication Skills: Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences.
- Self-Starter Mentality: Proactive thinker energized to solve business challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills: Build trust and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Location: San Francisco, CA; or remote (US/Canada only).
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.