EMEA or APAC
Director of Field Security Specialists team will lead, develop, and mentor a highly talented Field Security Specialists team based remotely throughout EMEA and APAC. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building and developing GitHub's technical sales process and working with a wide range of adjacent teams to drive GitHub Advanced Security customer opportunities
- Manage GitHub’s Field Security Specialist's investments in the APAC and EMEA regions in partnership with the Regional Directors
- Work in close partnership with regional Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and “player coach” in customer meetings
- Mentor and grow individual contributors on the team by providing personal and professional development. Provide skills and role mentoring and coaching to Solutions Engineers.
- Review and document the performance of Solutions Engineers
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to deal cycles and regional sales objectives
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Expert Services to document and communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in regional Sales Leadership forecast and pipeline review calls
- Represent the company at various company events both onsite at GitHub Offices and in public venues
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering technical questions, Requests for Proposals, Security Questionnaires, and demos & workshops
- Attract, hire, and retain talented Solutions Engineers with specific, relevant experience
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a industry-leading customer experiences
- Effective presentation craft and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development processes
- Working knowledge of Enterprise software sales cycles
- Knowledge of the developer tools and technologies from across the software development industry
- Ability to manage a remote team effectively
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work across different time zones
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
- Experience working in a remote environment
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.