GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join the Enterprise design team.
The GitHub Product Design Team is a group of talented individuals whose varied backgrounds are in product design, design systems, design ops, front-end development, and/or illustration. You'll prioritize customer experiences, working closely with systems designers, engineers, technical writers, and product management to create and push for high-quality design.
What we're looking for:
Product Designers at GitHub are expert individual contributors; they're given a lot of autonomy and trust to work on our most impactful design projects. For this specific role, we're looking for someone who values the following:
- Systems thinking: Our team has to apply decisions holistically, making sure to look at new patterns in context to the larger system of the product. This role requires a designer who can think systemically when it comes to information architecture as well as UI patterns.
- Progress and tempo: It's easy to get caught up in the meta-design details, so our team has to be particularly mindful that we keep making decisions, and move forward, quickly. This means prioritizing progress over correctness and valuing the results a fast-paced workflow can bring.
- Candidness: We encourage candidness and recognize its role in building trust between designers and managers or peers. It can take time and effort to get there, but it's worth it. Making decisions for projects, design patterns, and processes will yield better results when we can get to the "real talk."
- Shaping: Defining developer experiences with a point of view, where deciding what not to do is as intentional and essential as what makes it into the final solution.
- Design responsive and accessible experiences that work across multiple platforms.
- Become an authority on our visual design language, extending upon our existing systems—such as our color system, navigation components, and interaction patterns.
- Provide regular design feedback and direction to your coworkers.
- Seek out opportunities for connecting with people and teams working on related projects.
- Build meaningful relationships across the product, engineering, and other cross-functional partners you're working with.
You might be a fit if:
- You have 5 years minimum design experience as an individual contributor.
- You have experience designing developer tools.
- You have experience designing for internationalized products, including designing with non-Latin characters.
- You are organized and are comfortable contributing to multiple design projects.
- You can find the highest impact opportunities and iterate on them quickly while things are in motion.
- You have written HTML & CSS and are comfortable using Git version control.
- You are a great presenter and can tell the story of your work to a variety of audiences.
These qualifications will help you stand out:
- You have a technical background or experience working on developer tools.
- Experience contributing to or using an established design system.
- Experience designing cross-platform experiences
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $221,500 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.