The Solutions Engineering Manager for our Canadian, Central American, and South American US Enterprise sector will lead, develop, and mentor a highly talented Solutions Engineering team based remotely throughout the American Continents. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building and developing GitHub's technical sales process and working with a wide range of adjacent teams to drive customer opportunities.
- Manage GitHub’s Solutions Engineering investments for the Canadian, Central American and South American regions.
- Work in close partnership with regional Sales Leadership
- Be an active and respected technical participant and at times “player coach” in customer meetings
- Attract and retain talented Solutions Engineers with specific, relevant experience
- Mentor and grow individual contributors on the team by providing personal and professional development
- Review and document performance of Solutions Engineers
- Provide skills and role leadership, mentoring, and training to GitHub Solutions Engineers
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to deal cycles and regional objectives
- Work with Product, Engineering and Services to document and communicate customer needs and product feedback
- Participate in Sales Leadership forecast calls and pipeline review calls
- Represent the company at various company events both onsite at GitHub Offices and at company events
- Assist with all aspects of the technical sales cycle, including answering technical questions, Request for Proposals, Security Questionnaires and Workshops
- Team leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Engineer or equivalent customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and competitive landscape
- Dedication to delivering a great customer experience
- Effective presentation crafting and delivery
- Creative problem-solving in response to technical, product, and business challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Passion for helping organizations improve and modernize their software development processes
- Working knowledge of Enterprise sales cycles
- Knowledge of the tools and history in the software development industry
- Ability to effectively manage remotely
- 2+ years experience in a technical people management role
- Previous Software development, Engineering, or Technical Support experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work across different time zones
- Willingness to go the extra mile to improve the customer experience
- Self-directed and resourceful with a growth mindset
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Proficiency with Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese languages
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.