GitHub, the home for all developers, is looking for a strategic and collaborative creative product marketer to join us as a key member of our fast-paced and growing marketing team. You’ll oversee Product Marketing for our Code Scanning.
In this role, you’ll bring your experience and understanding of Code Scanning to help communicate the unique value and capabilities of GitHub offerings to Enterprise customers and developers. Through partnering with product management, marketing, and our revenue organization you will define the strategic goals and quarterly OKRs for products and align efforts to drive key results and outcomes. In addition, you will own the strategic positioning and messaging for our Code Scanning and will act as the subject matter expert for Product Marketing and drive core programs based on your product line's unique goals.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Marketing for Security. You partner and collaborate with peers across all areas of GitHub and define core measurements and understand the efficacy of programs to optimize results over time.
- Build compelling messaging and positioning and implement a consistent voice across all customer-facing channels
- Define and implement the go-to-market strategy for your product line
- Lead and implement campaign strategy in partnership with wider marketing organization
- Support product adoption goals in new and existing customers with effective customer success informed programs and marketing initiatives
- Influence and partner closely with product management on decisions related to items such as product roadmap, feature design, and launches
- Launch new features and establish launch strategies and metrics across teams to drive execution
- Develop and deliver content to enable the sales and services organization in partnership with our enablement team
- Develop engaging customer-centric content in partnership with the content team, including blogs, webinars, presentations, and speaking engagements
You could be a great fit for this role with:
- Proven experience in product marketing in the application security/security space
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of B2B software business models and the ability to build aligned programs to drive business growth
- Ability to succeed and embody a growth mindset in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Passion for GitHub: our product and our community
- Enjoyment working in remote and globally distributed environments
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.