GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Territory & Account Planning Analyst to be the Subject Matter Expert in the design and management of sales territories and Salesforce Account architecture. Your objective is to provide data-driven insights and consult our global sales leaders on how to best deploy the sales team to achieve growth targets. The role requires close and regular coordination and communication with internal stakeholders through the sales planning cycles across the year.
- Own and architect the Salesforce Account object ownership, metadata, and segmentation
- Architect the vision, conception, and integration of the next generation of territory and account planning/enrichment tools
- Support the fiscal half planning process by owning analyses and recommendations that drive territory design
- Oversee development, balancing and maintenance of assigned sales territories - Develop deep understanding of assigned sales team(s) and support Sales leadership as the subject matter expert on territory strategy execution
- Maintain a governance and rules of engagement structure with Sales Leadership
- Champion process and methodologies related to territory and account coverage ensuring they are continuously followed in a consistent way across regions/geo
- 5+ years of extensive and progressive experience in Territory & Account Planning, Sales Strategy, Sales Operations at SaaS/Technology companies
- Expertise administering planning tools (ex: Anaplan, Salesforce, Clari)
- Expertise in SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Hive, Presto)
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills balanced with operational execution capabilities.
- Strong competency in problem solving, analysis & project management. Ability to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to meet department and company goals.
- Extensive experience in building high-quality data models and C-level presentations.
- Self-starter; strong drive and work ethic; willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Able to influence others effectively.
- Are driven to define the right key metrics and analyses to produce actionable insights
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, and results-driven environment that demands consistent and enduring excellence.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $89,200 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.