GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We are on a growth journey, and to deliver value to our global set of customers and the worldwide community, our operational efficiency and maturity is of paramount importance.
The Customer Success (CS) organization is looking for an action-oriented Program Manager to focus specifically on our Tooling needs and Programs. As a Program Manager, you will be taking the lead on assessing our tooling use today, and identifying our future needs alongside the business strategy and plans to ensure we are ready and able to scale and transform our Customer Success Organization in support of GitHub’s vision to build the home for all developers.
This high-impact role requires a collaborative leader with a proven track record in what it takes to define, lead and drive Tooling Programs which underpin our ability to scale at pace and be efficient and effective while delivering an amazing customer experience.
The Tooling Program Manager will lead efforts across our entire Customer Success Organization which includes Support, Professional and Partner Services and Customer Outcomes. We are looking for someone who knows how to identify gaps and needs, can shape and define a tooling strategy / roadmap with associated Business requirements [BRD] and a strong articulation of return on investment [ROI]. This individual will need to build the plan, gain agreement and sign off for the strategy alongside funding and then lead the Program to execute against those plans within our global Customer Success (CS) organization.
- Work closely across the Customer Success Organization to understand their business and help to identify and define current and future Tooling requirements.
- Bring strategic and thought leadership to the “Tooling Landscape” and a strong awareness of Best practice approaches within this environment.
- Understanding the customer lifecycle management processes, and translating business needs into solutions that are enabled/enhanced by the tooling.
- Create Business Requirements [BRD] and strong articulation of return on investment [ROI]
- Take the lead on driving awareness and buy in around the “Tooling Strategy” and translate these plans into detailed deliverables, Program plans and activity.
- Lead the Programs of work to execute the Tooling changes [inc. tool enhancements, or new Tooling procurement] and lead virtual teams from across the business in the delivery of this work.
- Tracking and reporting of milestones, including exec level program updates.
- Identify, articulate and help to navigate risks and blockers.
- Help to develop training materials and implement best practices company-wide.
- Ensure Tooling changes are enhancements are embedded into our business processes and procedures to ensure robust and consistent delivery.
- Understanding and defining the data to be shared across the company to create powerful insights that drive real impact.
- Understanding the relationship between the data and how it may impact existing business rules and processes
- Work in close collaboration with our IT departments to ensure smooth and effective use of current and future Tooling needs
- Working collaboratively with our software vendors to develop product modifications and improvements as and when required
- 5+ years of strategic program or project management experience within Tooling, whereby success depended on leading individuals not reporting directly to you [leading virtual teams]
- Proven experience in delivering high impact service improvement initiatives via Tooling Programs within a global and complex customer support organization.
- A strong Tooling and business process background within the Customer Success area, including areas such as Customer Experience / Customer Outcomes / Front line Support /Professional and Technical services / Partner echo system.
- Knowledge and experience of leading Programs involving tools such as Totango, Salesforce, Financial Force, Zendesk.
- You have an ability to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Forward thinking and strategic, yet pragmatic and operationally savvy
- Ability to provide calm and clarity amid rapidly changing priorities and direction, with a structured approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a high tolerance for ambiguity in a fast pace and rapidly changing and growing environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to craft and deliver clear impact-oriented executive communications
- Demonstrated at being successful in the execution of highly visible, cross-company change initiatives, projects and programs.
- Proficient in the evaluation of business needs versus tooling and producing Business Requirements Documentation [BRDs]
- Proficient at producing strong business cases and articulation of Return on Investment [ROI]
- Demonstrated track record at leading end to end process improvement initiatives. Initiating, defining and landing impactful change underpinned by Tooling. Tracking results and outcomes.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of GitHubs products & services is preferred.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.