GitHub is seeking a Services Sales Representative to work with an active team of professional services providers.
We're looking for a team member who applies customer-facing skills and GitHub knowledge to craft success paths for our customers. As a Services Sales Representative, you'll work directly with customers, the sales team and the professional services team for selling Services, scoping, procuring, and coordinating service engagements.
This role engages with internal groups including sales, finance, legal, engineering and marketing. While this role is remote-worker friendly.
- Develop services sales plans and resource requirements to close new business within GitHub’s Enterprise market segment
- Provide accurate forecasting for deals and quarterly revenue. Be the primary interface for new prospects and customers
- Build a solid network at GitHub and within customer and prospect accounts to ensure successful deal conversion
- Be a consensus builder inside GitHub and within customer and prospect accounts to ensure mutually beneficial results
- Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders
- Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub Services to help transform their business outcomes
- Map out prospect buying processes, help new buyers navigate deals to close, and identify deal stakeholders in order to drive deal momentum to close
- Deeply understand the operational side of the PS business and be able to guide the team on their interactions with Services Delivery, legal, finance, accounting and sales operations
- Be as comfortable delving into the details of a SOW, as you are representing GitHub Professional Services at a customer meeting
- 5+ years of experience selling professional services
- 3+ years of Services delivery, sales engineering, or technical business development
- Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding quota while winning new customer business
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer outcome
- Great problem-solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Experience working with legal and other internal teams to craft and deliver proposals and SOWs
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage audiences
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Effectively work in a remote environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Git or legacy version control systems
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.