GitHub is seeking a Senior Manager to join its Security Organization. This role will focus on internal Security Operations with an emphases on Secure Access Engineering and Operations. You will lead a group of highly technical security engineers, advocate for them, guide technical discussions, work to hire a diverse group of incredibly talented people, and more. If you have a foundation in information security, enjoy supporting teams across all experience levels, and are excited by the idea of building and managing a world class security team, then this might be just the opportunity for you.
- Cultivate an environment across the organization where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to support day to day work.
- Coach and performance manage your team; provide technical leadership to grow the team through candid, ongoing feedback, mentoring, and career development.
- Lead successful projects, ensuring high quality and timely delivery of features.
- Ensure the team builds software that is architecturally consistent, of high quality, and that follows operational best practices.
- Work with the product and partner teams across the organization to enable successful delivery.
- Drive clarity with the team, fostering clear communication, understanding, and process improvements.
- Oversee the development and implementation of appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risk.
- Secure large-scale web/cloud applications and infrastructure.
- Lead a team that builds and operates security infrastructure and tooling.
- 4+ years of engineering people management experience.
- Leadership experience with teams that build and operate security infrastructure and tooling.
- Track record of working with complex and high impact services at scale and/or distributed systems.
- Experience with hiring and building a team.
- Experience with escalation management, escalation support and incident handling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, planning, and organization.
- Experience managing a distributed team.
- Experience customizing team processes for maximum productivity and minimal burnout.
Ability to meet GitHub, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft, GitHub’s parent company, Cloud Screen upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $276,900 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.