GitHub is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our Billing and Trade Compliance teams. You will help develop the commerce platform that serves millions of developers, teams and open source maintainers – enabling them to transact in XX countries, enables GitHub to launch new services that reliably bill customers in a unified manner and build out billing experiences for our customers to understand, monitor, and manage their usage.
In this role, you’ll drive the vision and product strategy for the platform, leading a team of product managers to craft and deliver on GitHub’s mission: to become the home for all developers. You will:
- Define team’s vision and key results, with Product, Design, Engineering and Revenue partners, that align with customer needs.
- Ensure the team, the company and the community have a clear understanding of the direction of the projects and the reasoning behind decisions.
- Engage with customers to identify opportunities to deliver value, and build relationships to better understand how to serve our customers.
- Mentor, coach and grow your team. Ensure each of your product managers grow and advance their skill sets to be successful in their careers.
- Foster an inclusive environment across the company where team members are empowered to do their best work and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have successfully led platform, product, engineering, or data operations teams
- Have delivered both complex platform and customer-facing software features
- Have demonstrated ability to translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data into actionable priorities and insights
- Enjoy hiring and building healthy and inclusive teams
- Enjoy solving problems with others and empowering your teammates and stakeholders (sales, support, operations, finance, etc)
- Have experience guiding architectural decisions to promote healthy engineering systems that support our business needs
Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience or are passionate about billing platforms and systems
- Have previous experience working in consumptive business model
- Have previous experience working with third party financial services like Stripe or Zuora
- Have a passion for building products that developers and enterprises love
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $118,100 to maximum $192,800 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.