Are you interested in securing the home for all developers? GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help change the way we secure GitHub. We are looking for Security Engineers to evolve and advance the security posture of GitHub and its ecosystem.
As a Security Engineer, you will work alongside other members of Security, IT, and Engineering organizations to help drive technical direction for all things security. You will develop and mature a comprehensive security program, build software to manage security systems sustainably, and foster effective, scalable process development. A successful applicant will desire to work in tandem with other security professionals to secure GitHubbers and GitHub systems in diverse environments at scale.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams across GitHub to design, build, and validate secure and scalable architectures where product changes may be necessary to achieve the best security principles
- Create analytics, reports, and detections that will identify and alert on the highest risk activities
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, including developing and implementing internal security tools, tactics, and procedures.
- Provide security-related guidance and documentation.
- Implement and maintain security standards and policies to protect Information systems architecture, including Cloud, Data Center, Network, and related access control.
- Communicating persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 5+ years or more of demonstrable proficiency in security engineering
- The ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based approach to decision making while applying practical security principles and practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong sense of empathy
- Knowledge and understanding of security controls across all security domains
- Experience with software development in one of many languages Python, Ruby, Golang, Rust
- Experience and/or expertise with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or a similar cloud provider
- Passionate about mentoring and helping their peers grow
- Passionate about healthy team culture and collaboration
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $221,500 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.