GitHub is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our Product Design team. In this role, you'll lead a group of product designers, enabling our millions of customers to follow industry best practices, deploy and maintain their products easily, and increase the impact of software solutions globally.
The GitHub Product Design Team is a group of talented individuals whose backgrounds are in product design, design systems, design ops, and illustration, as well as CSS experts, and engineers with front-end and full-stack experience working in Rails and React.js. You'll prioritize customer experiences, working closely with system designers, engineers, and product management.
- You will help set your team up for success and enable them to do their best work, providing and soliciting regular feedback.
- You will help the team to prioritize quarterly projects and incoming requests against business needs, contributing to the strategy of your area of responsibility.
- You will work with designers on your team to develop their career paths and provide coaching to grow their skills, building a culture of design excellence.
- You will be responsible for communicating your team's goals and seeking opportunities to collaborate with other teams working on related projects.
- You will recruit and onboard new designers to your team.
- 2+ years of experience leading a product design team.
- 5+ years of product design experience as an individual contributor.
- Experience building and shipping applications or software across a variety of platforms.
- Experience coaching and mentoring designers, supporting them in growing their skills and careers.
- Organized and comfortable overseeing multiple design projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on creating great experiences.
- Confident in writing HTML & CSS and comfortable using Git version control.
- Familiar with using GitHub on a team or for personal projects.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Experience recruiting and onboarding designers.
These qualifications will help you stand out:
- You have a technical background or experience working on developer tools.
- You have experience delivering products from concept stages to launch.
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $221,500 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.