GitHub helps enterprises and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an experienced customer-facing engineer to provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base at the intersection of Software Development and the cloud. A Cloud Solutions Engineer is responsible for relating GitHub, and our products, with the cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Softlayer, Oracle, etc) our customers are utilizing for their day-to-day development and production workloads. You’ll demonstrate expertise in the integrations between the CSPs and GitHub, a familiarity with cloud fundamentals and technologies, and the ability to demonstrate development best practices for cloud-first customers. You’ll also grow relationships as a GitHub liaison to the customer facing teams in these CSPs establishing joint product and goto market knowledge.
The GitHub presales teams owns the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company, specifically focused on our engagement with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and others.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales, support and field services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of the GitHub Enterprise platform to prospective customers
- Building technical demonstrations, specific to GitHub interoperating with the CSPs, their software development portfolio of solutions, and the other technical capabilities they provide.
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Owning the technical enablement of how customers using a cloud service provider will use the GitHub portfolio with their existing investments, supporting the csp’s Customers and Partners.
- Interacting with the Cloud Service Providers customer facing teams, to build a joint investment and goto market motion.
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact.
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Supporting customer migrations towards the GitHub platform, away from competitive development tooling.
- Advocating for best practices and integrations with customer-focused cloud providers
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledgebases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, tools and workflows
- Knowledge of the Cloud Service Provider landscape and their software development offerings
- Understanding of modern Software Development/DevOps oriented tooling, supporting a best of breed approach to the discipline.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of best of breed implementations involving GitHub, and Google Cloud and AWS software development services.
- Understanding of the AWS or GCP Sales organization, sales process, and Enterprise Operating Unit Account Structure.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.