GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together.
We're looking for experienced, technical-minded professionals who want to work in partnership with senior leaders, engineers, and technical teams at our most strategic customers, focused on accelerating and growing their success with GitHub Actions and workflow automation.
You will specifically be a key expert in supporting customers with using GitHub Actions for CI/CD as well as automating DevOps tasks. You will partner closely with our Field Services team, work alongside the Sales team, and be a part of our Product feedback loop. The ideal candidate shows a deep passion for CI/CD best practices, unique interest in how automation can improve developer experiences, and desire to share this with technical and non-technical customers.
Field Specialists are also recognized as senior subject matter experts, in part by their activity in supporting customers where they are (including via industry groups, technical committees, and research opportunities), and by using their ability to synthesize customer experience to provide an industry lens in public presentations and writing in addition to supporting a variety of diverse internal teams, including sales professionals, product management, engineering, and marketing in efforts that ensure that GitHub, and our customers, are successful, together. You will talk about Actions and workflow automation from a position of authority, representing GitHub as a leader in this space to the outside world. You will empower colleagues and partners to do the same.
We're obsessed about our customers and the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role!
- Be able to communicate the details, direction, and design of the GitHub Actions product
- Deep knowledge of DevOps space and where CI/CD fits in the software delivery life cycle
- Advocate for Actions as an automation workflow tool
- Support customers in understanding their Actions, and other consumption products, usage
- Act as consumption products escalation point for regional customers as well as Sales team members
- Act as a partner to Sales team members and work in conjunction with sales initiatives
- Have experience and knowledge of the overall CI/CD market, and be able to effectively position GitHub and GitHub Actions accordingly
- A trusted customer resource for details on migrations towards the GitHub platform, away from competitive CI/CD tooling.
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- Based in North America and able to work across time zones
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, GitHub Actions tools and workflows
- Knowledge of best practices for Enterprise-scale operation
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as and when it is safe to do so
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- 4+ years of customer facing experience in technical sales, architecture/solutions engineering, technical consulting, system integration, enterprise architecture or project management
- 3+ years of Software development, Engineering, Software Architecture, and/or Technical Support experience
- Understand the value of DevOps and knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related tools processes
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Specific knowledge about continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, developer automation and DORA principles
- Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others.
- Passionate about software, technology and business
- Experience working with and selling consumption based products
- Pre-Sales experience with CI/CD or automation tools
- Enterprise Architecture or Developer Shared Services provider experience
- First hand experience designing and optimizing enterprise wide execution environments to optimize for
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.