GitHub's IT team is growing! We're looking for someone to join our amazing IT Support team and help employees with their technology and related issues, buying and tracking gear, onboarding & offboarding, and general desktop support.
This person would prioritize making things happen, dedicating themselves to supporting their fellow GitHub employees. We want someone who is passionate about IT, self-motivated, and who will find clever ways of helping us work better, together.
If you're comfortable working on a broad set of IT projects, organized with gear and finances, and interested in streamlining our current processes (i.e. working smarter, not harder), read on. If you enjoy working closely with humans, want to level up your networking and security game, and would be excited about building up and owning what internal IT looks like at GitHub this role might be a great match!
- Triaging, prioritizing, resolving, routing and scheduling all incoming IT Support requests
- Transparent and timely communication with stakeholders on open issues, tickets, and requests
- Setting up new hires, provisioning accounts and access
- Providing support for services such as video conferencing, remote access, internal products, and mobile technology
- Supporting and managing our standard endpoints, comprising of macOS and Windows systems, including Mobile Device Management
- Provide trusted remote hands for other teams where appropriate, such as Security and Infrastructure
- Front line for network problems, working with and learning from our network experts
- Managing access to third-party software (e.g. Google Workspace, Azure, etc.)
- Lifecycle Asset Management; Procurement to Retirement, managing computers, monitors, software licenses, etc
- Troubleshooting & resolving Conference Room AV issues (all hands spaces are supported by Video Production team)
- General IT Support for live events or department meetings
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Documenting and updating internal processes and guidelines
- Communicating and developing IT policies
- Shaping your own professional development (PD)
- Troubleshooting IT issues, both independently and collaboratively
- Supporting proactively the wider office
Skills for Success
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on WindowsOS (BIOS, Network, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of Administration & Support to core SaaS Applications; Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Okta
- Working knowledge of endpoint management platforms; Jamf and Intune
- In depth knowledge of Meeting Space technology; Zoom Room devices & software, Schedulers, Digital Signage
- A focus on end-user satisfaction over technical perfection
- A people person, empathetic and kind. Soft skills communication, ability to build rapport
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of technical expertise and seniority, inside and outside the organization, both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to plan and document projects
Bonus Skills for Success
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS (RecoveryOS, WiFi-Network, etc.)
- LinuxOS and/or Ubuntu
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.