GitHub is growing, and we're looking to bring on a Talent Partner/Recruiter to help find, attract, and close future Hubbers. This person serves as the Talent Partner/Recruiter to work closely with our hiring managers to bring in the best talent at the right time to GitHub as we move into our next stage of growth.
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented, be able to manage multiple priorities at once, have an amazing response time/customer service mentality, and be flexible and collaborative in working with others. Those who possess strong influence, execution skills, communication skills, and a proven track record in sourcing and closing the right candidates will fit best in this role.
- Drive offer process - including extending offers, negotiations, closing candidates.
- Actively engage in Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging hiring strategies helping to make GitHub the home for all developers.
- Collaborate closely with hiring managers throughout the recruiting process to ensure we meet their hiring needs and goals.
- Coordinate closely with recruiting team members to innovate our research strategy for talent pooling, talent supply, talent and market intelligence and competitor analysis.
- Support full cycle recruiting for multiple, complex searches, creating innovative recruiting strategies and engagement to bring the best talent to each role.
- Regularly review pipeline data and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders.
- Champion the use of data to help drive decisions and recruiting strategies e.g. using pipeline data to refine processes and market data to influence stakeholders.
- Lead meetings, key initiatives and projects with client groups, and with the recruiting teams, that will continuously improve and scale our recruiting results.
- Demonstrate, understand, and maintain data Integrity throughout the recruiting process in order to influence differentiated hiring decisions.
- Elicits interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contributes to the development of new stories.
- Generates awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Shares best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with their own team. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Github’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship and ensure that every interaction that a candidate receives represents GitHub as an employer of choice.
- Uses subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues. Identifies opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platforms and leverages data to inform meaningful insights.
- 2+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- Knowledge with recruiting tools, applicant tracking systems, data management/reporting techniques and software collaboration tools
- Experience creating and fostering partnerships with internal leadership and executive teams
- Strong communication skills; proactive, clear, and compelling in your written and oral communication
- Versatility in doing special assignments & projects as needed
- Experience influencing and driving towards results
- Knowledge or understanding of employment law, diversity initiatives, and immigration
- The ability to partner and work really well with others
- A high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Willingness to collaborate when approaching challenges or debate
- Understanding of employment marketplace and trends to apply to recruiting strategies
- The ability to be responsive within an ambiguous environment
- Experience recruiting at a tech start-up
- Familiarity with Greenhouse
- The initiative to drive innovation within hiring practices
- LinkedIn Certification
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $61,300 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.