GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub.
The GitHub Product team is looking for a Program Manager to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Learning and Development program, including: onboarding new Product team members, conducting extensive needs assessment, facilitating continuous training and learning activities, and formulating an up-skill curriculum plan. This role will collaborate directly with leaders across the Product organization to understand business needs and to execute continuously evolving projects to address those learning and development needs.
We’re looking for someone who has experienced the software product development lifecycle and has a passion for enabling others to achieve their best through learning and development activities. You’ll work with Product leadership to identify opportunities for development and growth for new and existing Product Managers as well as those in people management roles. As such, this position will be a key lever to improving the effectiveness, satisfaction, and professional growth of the Product team. As this is a new effort for our team, you’ll have the inaugural opportunity to tailor the company’s learning management system to the Product department and establish key performance indicators to track our progress along that journey. We’re looking for someone with experience and energy, motivated to create entirely new programs.
- Collaborate and strategize with Product leaders and other key stakeholders to successfully build the vision and establish our employee development programs
- Maintain operational ownership of the full program lifecycle from initiation through implementation
- Manage individual content projects including: onboarding, ongoing learning activities, and upskilling initiatives across the organization
- Own the measures used to define success for your area by creating objectives and key results related to the program performance
- Build deep relationships with our audience base to discover and document requirements and strategize solutions that align those needs with business directives
- Build, drive and measure the program vision, strategy and execution in all facets interfacing with leadership
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure programs are supporting our audience needs and our strategic business initiatives
- Foster a learning community within the organization
- Develop a set of principles, structure, and guidelines for how we distribute and maintain knowledge about how we work as an organization
- 3+ years of L&D program management experience or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to define and deliver products
- Background or expertise in one or more of the following areas: adult learning techniques, needs assessment tools, instructional design methods, blended learning strategies, content development, and training products
- Experience defining and managing KPIs, strong understanding of business operations, as well as experience analyzing cost/benefit tradeoffs, and conducting industry research is a plus
- Familiarity with modern software development practices
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across multiple stakeholders and senior leadership, as well as explicit and mindful written communication across the business
- Ability to utilize data to produce and distribute a program performance narrative (and presentation) including: key performance indicators, successes and challenges, and next steps for key stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience organizing and facilitating a community or event series of some kind
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.