We are looking for a Strategic Human Resources Business Partner Director to support and work with our growing global Revenue organization. We believe that our talent and our teams are our most important asset and our employees reflect the diverse community of global developers that we serve. Our culture is inspired by this core value of collaboration and sharing, and we work in a globally distributed manner that reflects the developer platform that we create. As a close partner to our business leaders, HR leaders bring expertise in global talent practices to collaborate on how we enable and grow our employees (Hubbers) to do their best work.
The HR Business Partner Director will serve as a consultant to leadership and management to drive people strategy for the organization. You'll work very closely with the Revenue leadership team to provide support/guidance, implement various company-wide programs, strategize on organizational planning and design, and implement team-specific initiatives based on Hubbers’ feedback and needs. The position includes partnering with international human resources and working in compliance with local employment practices. We work with integrity and openness in supporting both leaders and managers with the goal of team members feeling comfortable coming to us for counsel, support, and ideas at any time.
- Drive the Talent Rhythm of the Business across designated client groups
- Work closely with Revenue business leaders as an expert on human resources issues, as an executive coach and to influence talent planning and outcomes
- Provide a point of view on talent to optimize for business outcomes and enable the business to scale successfully
- Plan and execute talent initiatives, such as management development, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DI&B) strategy, high potential identification and development
- Plan and facilitate training and offsite meetings, deliver content and provide 1:1 coaching and interventions
- Operate as a member of the HR leadership team, working in collaboration across centers of expertise, including compensation, benefits and operations, talent acquisition, talent development and DI&B
- Work closely with functional leaders on organizational planning, as well as leadership and team development
- Build trust and credibility with leaders and managers to coach and develop, and hold them accountable to deliver desired business outcomes
- Identify and surface opportunities to advance the effectiveness of our teams and work across functions, and work with leaders to develop initiatives and programs to improve effectiveness
- Help interpret people analytics data and internal trends for each function that is supported to inform business strategy and proactively identify issues
- Coach all levels of people managers on how they can be effective communicators, leaders, and mentors
- Collaborate with HR operations to develop and deploy company-wide, people-oriented programs including performance feedback, career development, and/or rewards & recognition
- Plan and execute our mid year and annual performance feedback process and conduct talent calibrations with business leaders and managers
- Partner with the talent development and organizational development teams to help identify and provide specific skill advancement opportunities and support implementation of initiatives
- While collaborating across HR, this role is a “roll up your sleeves” gig that requires a hands on approach
- 10+ years of HR or related business experience and multi-discipline experiences a plus
- Business acumen and understanding of financials, metrics and customer orientation both inside and outside of the organization
- Deep breadth of HR experience and ability to partner across HR functions and work independently making sound judgment decisions
- Experience in working with technical, engineering, and sales client groups a must (within the tech space or other)
- Experience working for a variety of different sized organizations (start-ups to large companies) is a plus
- Background working in technical organizations with a global reach
- Prior acquisition or integration related experience a plus
- Excellent change management skills, coaching, and organizational assessment of talent skills required
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving and the ability to be agile through change
- Ability to travel as needed domestically and internationally; travel estimated to be about 25%
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.