GitHub is changing the way people build software together. We're growing fast and looking for an experienced Executive Assistant with excellent communication skills and acute attention to detail to support our Head of Communities.
This role will be responsible for streamlining the executives’ schedules, handling key processes, and serving as an interface to both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, this role will manage projects such as processing vendor contracts through our procurement process, and organizing offsites and mini-summits for both teams. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, meticulously organized, and have experience working in a fast-paced, global environment. Being proactive and able to make decisions with minimal guidance or communication is crucial in this role. We’re looking for an individual with proof of curiosity, someone who sees problems as puzzles to solve and is resourceful in their ingredients to the solution.
This role is remote in the U.S. with slight preference for candidates based in Pacific, Mountain, or Central Time
You will need to take ownership of the following:
- Provide administrative support, including complex calendaring and expense report preparation in a timely manner
- Field internal and external scheduling requests and provide recommendations to support efficiency and ensure alignment with executive’s priorities
- Coordinate with other executives and/or executive assistants for cross-functional scheduling during core events
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Help to organize training activities and on-boarding sessions for new leaders and employees coming into the Design organization
- Track headcount and manage workforce planning tasks
- Manage meeting agendas, notes, minutes, and follow-up items
- Anticipate the needs of a busy team and help them be more productive and successful
- Budget, plan, and organize events, such as team offsites and mini-summits
- Proactively resolve time-sensitive issues, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly such as GitHub, project management software, and the like
- Flexible when it comes to responsiveness and adaptive to an ever-changing environment
- Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
- At least 5 years of experience as an executive assistant in a dynamic global environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, such as GitHub or project management software
- Proficient in Google Apps, particularly Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs and Sheets
- Proficient in communication technologies including Zoom, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Strong attention to detail when handling priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Skilled in multitasking across various stakeholder needs
- Skilled with creative, critical thinking, solving ambiguous problems, and project management
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize needs
- Ability to build positive working relationships with key leaders and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels and departments within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience scheduling across multiple time zones
- 5+ years of executive administration experience.
- Experience working in technical environments.
- Experience working in a global business
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.