GitHub is growing and looking for an experienced Workplace Operations Manager to manage day-to-day and onsite operations in our beautiful, award-winning Bellevue, WA office.
This role will be responsible for overseeing a well-stocked frictionless office, working closely with operations and facilities teams, running daily operations, and managing onsite programs that embodies our company values. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate about curating company culture and shaping the employee experience.
The ideal candidate thrives on providing excellent customer service, being meticulous, organized, finding scalable solutions, and is an effective communicator. This person has good judgement and can easily shift gears between independent work and collaborative leadership. They also have empathy and compassion with a knack for proactively anticipating office needs.
This role is based in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Senior Regional Manager.
- Responsible for managing workplace operations at a 37,000+ sq ft office in Bellevue.
- Lead and manage an operations team (facilities manager, vendors, contractors, etc).
- Partner closely with our Physical Security and global Workplace team to ensure alignment on Workplace Experience tasks and goals.
- Manage the quality of service levels, directing and coordinating maintenance, facilities, procurement, janitorial, food and beverage services, space and seat planning, event services, etc.
- Clearly communicate program and policy information with regular updates to the team and employees.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and guidelines
- Maintain and enhance strong relationships as building liaison. Lead tours, develop relationships with property management, employees, and across various levels of GitHub.
- Create and manage office policies and procedures. Prioritize culture, safety, sustainability, and wellness end to end.
- Manage and continue to improve upon an onsite events program (i.e. happy hours, hackathons, etc.) that engage and delight our employees/visitors.
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Handle employee requests with a high degree of customer service and kindness.
- Work to ensure our workplace environment is productive, flexible, and inclusive.
- Manage Workplace tickets and requests proactively.
- Track utilization metrics & operational spend, and make recommendations to improve efficiency while maintaining quality experiences. Prepare an annual budget. Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience ideally with a combination of facilities, operations, and office management
- People management skills & experience, including managing vendors and contractors
- General knowledge of OSHA, EH+S, FDA, return-to-work, and other standards and guidelines
- A leader with a passion for building communities, strong sense of ownership, and making workplaces operate seamlessly
- Excellent attention to detail, great organizational skills, and solid judgement capabilities
- Must be a team player and a solid track record in successfully collaborating with others
- Equally awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work onsite, in the office, 4-5 days a week
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.