As a Growth Program Manager at GitHub, you will take the lead in exploring programmatic opportunities for GitHub to grow its footprint globally. In this role, you will research, design, execute and scale all facets of these experimental programs focused on the adoption of GitHub across untapped segments. Your job is to contribute to GitHub’s strategy for growth, and in doing so, you will work closely with stakeholders from across the company. You will be part of the Market Development and Growth team within the Revenue organization at GitHub and will report directly to the Head of Market Development.
- Work with Hubbers across the organizations to identify potential growth opportunities where a programmatic approach is worth exploring
- Prioritize the highest potential opportunities and lead the scoping, planning and execution of these new-in-kind growth programs
- Support the development and drive experiments to test adoption of these programs in new segments, markets and regions
- Partner closely with a wide set of internal stakeholders, particularly across the Revenue organization
- Engage with external stakeholders to help build awareness and adoption of high potential growth programs
- Measure success of the programs utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Proactively identify, flag, and mitigate any program risks
- Create a feedback mechanism with the companies or partners participating in each program to gather product feedback themes and other sentiment information to share with GitHub leadership
- Experience working within or leading growth programs at a SaaS or other technology company
- 6+ years’ experience working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 6+ years' experience in Program Management, Business Development or other Growth-oriented functions; Consulting or Corporate Strategy experience is also applicable
- Previous tech/SaaS industry experience; ability to lead a high level technical conversations with external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage critical thinking to improve processes and procedures
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage strategic vision to inform priorities
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic to thrive in a high-performance culture
- Ability to create a performance- and metrics-focused culture
- Ability to flex the focus of work as priorities shift across the business related to certain programs and our product set
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.