More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for a Support Engineer in the Asia Pacific region to support our cloud-based managed GitHub Enterprise product.
Your main responsibility will be to work with our customers via web interface, email, phone and chat to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by internal system administrators, and can include investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests. You'll also work with our Engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve internal and customer-facing resources. You don’t need to be a Git expert, but you do need to have technical experience, proactivity, curiosity, and a passion for helping people.
The position reports to a Premium Support Manager and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events when it's safely appropriate to do so.
This role will require WEEKEND WORK. The expected working days will be either Wednesday through Sunday or Saturday through Wednesday.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving source code, and web application issues
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers and engineering groups at GitHub
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating maintenance windows, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their product is running smoothly
- Identify bugs and improvements in the GitHub Enterprise codebase
- Manage urgent customer outages
- General understanding of how modern web applications work
- Prior experience providing technical support and advocating for customers
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with log parsing
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Fluency in Japanese (speak, read and write)
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/containerization
- Familiarity with Azure
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.