GitHub helps companies and organisations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for experienced Solutions Engineers based in The Netherlands to provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base in the Benelux and the wider NEMEA region (UK, Ireland, and Nordic countries). A Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify, design, and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company.
We're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, we’d love to get in touch with you.
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to existing and future product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales, support and field services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of the GitHub Enterprise platform to prospective customers
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage best practices
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives, the direction of the Source Control Management (SCM) industry, Dev(Sec)Ops, and trends in global developer collaboration tools and techniques.
- Acting as intermediary between sales, product, and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering/presales, technical consulting, system integration project management for enterprise accounts; and/or 4+ years of engineering / software development experience in a customer-focussed role (internal or external) with an aptitude for solution development and presentation
- Remote work friendly, with ability to travel up to 30% when needed
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems architecture, Dev(Sec)Ops, tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorised to travel and work in the EU
- Conversational, business and technical fluency in English
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Ability to work across different time zones
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and DevOps best practices
- Knowledge of continuous integration, and continuous delivery tools and trends
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.